10 Reasons to hire a personal trainer
1. MOTIVATION: Personal Trainers wear many hats, serving not only as a coach, but also as an educator, confidant, and a major source of motivation and encouragement
2. CONSISTENCY: Do you find it difficult to stick to your program? Scheduling regular appointments with a Personal Trainer helps eliminate any excuses you may come up with for not exercising.
3. SAFETY: A Personal Trainer will show you how to exercise safely (including which exercises to avoid), and instruct you on the proper and safe use of exercise equipment. A recent study suggests that individuals working out with a certified personal trainer are almost 90% less likely to suffer an exercise-related injury
4. INDIVIDUALIZED INSTRUCTION: An exercise program that works for one person may not work for another. Personal Trainers will develop the most effective program for you based on your fitness evaluation results and personal goals.
5. EFFICIENT WORKOUTS: Today’s hectic lifestyles mean you don’t have time to waste on inefficient and ineffective exercise routines. Personal Trainers help maximize your time by providing workouts designed to meet your goals quickly and efficiently.
6. SUPERVISION: Personal attention during exercise is the primary function of a Personal Trainer. Need someone to spot you while you do pull-ups? Looking for feedback on your running form? That’s what your personal trainer is for: To observe, assist and, if necessary, correct as needed.
7. SPORTS-SPECIFIC TRAINING: Many amateur and professional athletes work with a Personal Trainer during the off-season to prepare themselves for in-season competition. Whether you want to shave some strokes off your golf score or beat your brother-in-law at tennis, Personal Trainers can tailor your program to your sport of choice.
8. INJURY REHABILITATION: Injuries and accidents can prevent you from participating in your favorite activities. Personal Trainers, however, can make the road to recovery a smooth one by recommending exercises that emphasize overall muscular balance to prevent future injuries.
9. SPECIAL-NEEDS TRAINING: Research confirms that individuals with health challenges such as diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis or heart disease benefit greatly from regular physical activity. These conditions, however, can make exercising safely a challenge. Personal Trainers are experienced in designing programs that address the special needs of these and other conditions.
10. ACCOUNTABILITY: Your Personal Trainer will hold you accountable to your workouts, to your cardiovascular training, and to your nutritional plan. This accountability is the key to meeting, and exceeding, your health and fitness goals.